Jobs with KAPE
Child Protection Program Officer Wanted!
Kampuchean Action for Primary Education, a local NGO, seeks a qualified national candidate as CHILD PROTECTION PROGRAM OFFICERs, base in Svay Reing and work in Svay Rieng and Kampong Chhnang province in 38 schools, in a WeWorld supported project called Reinforcing Education Access with Community Help (REACH III) for next two years.
The Child protection program officer will provide assistance to Provincial Coordinator of each sub-office, to ensure that activities adhere component intended and to carry out the program work plan and meet objectives of each component. The Child protection program officer will communicate directly to WeWorld and work closely with project team include and government counterparts for the implementation of all component activities.
- To manage and coordinate of child right and child protection activities under target provinces including technical support, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, reporting for quality delivery of the program and in compliance with MoEYS’s policy, KAPE’s policies and donors’ requirement in the target provinces to deliver effective and efficient outcomes for marginalized and disadvantaged children
- Responsible for support in strengthening capacity of project team and stakeholders and work closely in collaboration with civil society partners, Child Rights Governance Manager to promote accountability of local authorities and other key actors for better investment in children at sub-national level.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Support schools to identify children at risk and provide appropriate services to their families to keep their children in school
- Work with DTMT and cluster directors to improve implementation child right and child protection activities
- Provide capacity building support to School Support Committees and commune councils on their responsible activities of child right and child protection.
- Monitor and oversee the operation of all activities pertaining to school development using both formal and informal assessment instruments
- Assist with conducting surveys relating to the identification and establishment of a baseline and indicator update
- Support WeWorld’s sponsorship program, working with the WeWorld Sponsorship Officer.
- Degree in law, social sciences or extensive and substantive relevant practical experience may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Minimum 3 years of child rights and child projection related working experience including advocacy work
- Ability to communicate in English an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Good understanding about state analysis, children's rights, citizenship rights and child participation
- Be able to develop positive working relationships with government sectors, partners and other stakeholders particularly at community and sub-national level
- Be able to work as part of a team with minimum supervision in a provincial location
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Hiring decisions will be made without prejudice to gender. KAPE is committed to child protection. We reserve the right to terminate employment of staff should background checks reveal that children may be at risk. All staffs are expected to commit to child protection.
Salary Range: $470 to $520 base on Candidates qualification not include other benefit package
Interested candidates should submit their CV (maximum 3 pages) and three (3) references, no later than Wednesday, February 13th 2019 at 5:00 PM. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview at the KAPE Office in Phnom Penh.
Attention: KAPE Main Office: Provincial Teacher Training College, Kampong Cham Town, Kampong Cham Province or email Mr. Chuon Saran HR\Admin Manager, Email: (email@example.com); and CC: Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) Subject Heading: REACH III Project; Tel: 012 752 553, 095 401 231