Jobs with KAPE
Job Announcement Position: Training Officer
Kampuchean Action for Primary Education (KAPE), a local NGO based in Kampong Cham, seeks one National Candidate to fill the position of a full-time Training Officer Based in Kampong Cham for Life Skill Learning for Adolescent Girls funded by Gap Inc. KAPE is a well-established NGO working across Cambodia to develop the capacity of schools and communities to fulfill the right of every child to a good quality education. The position will be placed in KAPE’s headquarter office in Kampong Cham with frequent travel to Tbaung Khom. The candidate should have excellent knowledge of pedagogy, school monitoring, and a training background.
The salary scale ranges from $350 to $430/month based on previous work history.
- Plan and deliver teacher training to primary and secondary school teachers in schools.
- Assist in the implementation of the project according to the work plan and Implementation framework developed for the purpose.
- Work with Advisers and project management in the development and revision of training manuals in general pedagogy and participatory approach focused on life skill education.
- Work closely with project manager and the Adviser in planning, implementation, & follow-up of technical workshops.
- Collect data from schools on a regular basis to ensure implementation of training ideas.
- Assist to conducting periodic observations of classrooms and focused group discussion.
- Provide reports and data, as the need may arise for purposes of regular reporting about the quality of project implementation and the achievement of objectives.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related subject.
- Prior Teaching or training experience is essential
- At least 2 years of experience working in the formal education sector
- Problem solving ability, strong analytical skills, and creativity
- Dynamic and proactive with an ability to learn new skills quickly
- Flexible, Self-directed and results oriented.
- Ability to communicate in English is considered an advantage
*Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application must be submitted on 15th January 2019 by 5:00PM. Candidates are encouraged to keep CVs to (maximum 3 pages) and three (3) references, or less. No certificates are required at this time and need NOT be attached to resumes. Interest applications may submit cover letter and CV to: Attention: KAPE Main Office: Provincial Teacher Training College, Kampong Cham Town, Kampong Cham Province or email Mr. Chuon Saran HR\Admin Manager, Email: email@example.com; and CC: Mr. Tom Titona, Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Heading: LSLAG Project Tel: 012 752 553.