School Management and Leadership (SML) Project
The goal of this project is as follow: “The Child Friendliness of target schools improves as a result of enhanced leadership and management in 11 target primary schools”. The objectives of this project are:
- To increase the technical skills of the existing DTMTs members in providing support to School Managers in 11 target primary schools.
- To improve the capacity of School Managers improves through capacity building support.
- To improve child-friendly school environments through strengthened capacity of school managers and stakeholder-driven grants.
- School Support Committees demonstrate increased capacity based on a list of standardized criteria that includes participation, engagement, oversight, and management of resources.
- 11 primary schools in Chhlong district, Kratie
- 3,657 (1,854 girls) students in total from Grade 1 to 6.
- 194 (79 females) direct implementers (Teachers, school managers, SSC and CEFAC members, DOE and POEs staff).
- Project starts on 1st August 2015 to 30 June 2018
- Deliver training sessions on technical skills, leadership and management to DTMT members in Chhlong district.
- Conduct technical school support visits to school managers by DTMT members.
- Conduct leadership and management training sessions by project staff and DTMT members for school managers.
- Organize exposure visits for school managers and DTMT members to learn about Child Friendly School initiatives in other locations.
- Conduct technical cluster meetings with teachers by school managers and DTMT members focusing on teaching skills and learning materials production.
- Develop school improvement plans in a participatory manner along with accompanying grants to support an evolution towards more child friendly school environments.
- Provide capacity building sessions to SSCs on roles and duties, key education policies (e.g. EFA), advocacy and community engagement.
- Conduct SSC assessments at various points (e.g. Baseline, midline and end line) during the project.
The project supported by