English Access Microscholarship Program (ACCESS)
- To equip students with effective communication and critical thinking skills through meaningful interaction and cooperative learning strategies.
- To make them discover the U.S. culture and values.
- To prepare them for real life.
Over 2 years, 40 students of Peus II High School, in Krouch Chhmar district, will participate in the English Access Microscholarship Program., funded by the U.S. Department of State and implemented by KAPE (Kampuchean Action for Primary Education).
Access is a global scholarship program that provides a foundation of English language skills to bright, economically disadvantaged students, primarily aged 13- to 20-year olds through After-School classes and Intensive Sessions. Access students also gain an appreciation for U.S. culture and democratic values through enhancement activities.
The students learn strong English language skills that can lead to better jobs, educational opportunities, and gain the ability to participate in and compete for future exchanges and study in the United States.
- Regular after-school lessons, to learn English through constructivist approaches
- Intensive sessions
- ICT to enhance language learning
- Personal development activities
- Community services
Krouch Chmar district, Tbaung Khmum province.
- 40 students from grade 8 to 10
- Economically disadvantaged
- Selected for their commitment and their knowledge
- A majority of girls (80%)