The project’s goal is to develop integrated child friendly school models that are truly excellent in several dimensions including educational quality, inclusiveness, and locally stakeholder-driven i.e. parents, community, teachers, school managers. Activities and outputs in the Easy2Learn Project have been clustered into 4 groupings including (i) improved educational access; (ii) improved educational quality and relevance; (iii) early grade literacy with strong links to M-Learning; and (iv) improved school management.
KAPE is very proud of the fully integrated design that characterizes E2L.
Key Activities & Achievements
- Increase capacity of local stakeholders (school principal, deputy, and SSC representatives) to identity, analyze, and address barriers to education
- Provide school access supports, including scholarships
- Ensure that teachers and school directors in target schools have the skills needed to foster child friendly school environments that are relevant to children’s needs.
- Establish computer labs in target lower secondary schools and train school staff to manage
- Address teacher shortages through training and support of community teachers
- Facilitate participatory development and implementation of School Improvement Plans
- Put Reading Benchmarks and Rapid Response System in place for struggling students to improveearly grade reading.
These activities are improving:
- Access to education (especially for girls and vulnerable children) in target locations.
- The effectiveness and quality of education through the development and practice of Child Friendly School approaches that are relevant to the needs of vulnerable children, especially girls.
- Children’s reading abilities from a baseline in the early grades (Grades 1-3)
- Management capacity of local partners to administer development assistance in a way that enhances educational access and quality as well as community outreach.
Children in Grades 1 to 6 in 21 primary schools in the Districts of Svay Chrum and Romeas Heak in Svay Rieng province.
E2L Supported by
7Higher Education Institutions